We are a dynamic fast-growing business supplying a wide range of products to major retailers in the UK, Europe and the USA. We are looking for an experienced planner to join our rapidly expanding team in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
To provide full support for the Supply Chain Manager and take responsibility for managing and reporting on stock planning and availability. To ensure sufficient stock is available to meet forecasted demand by ensuring:
- Monitor stock levels, forecast demand, anticipate obsolescence, and react accordingly
- Continuous improvement on stock turn days, set and agree quality standards with suppliers and ensure systems are in place to monitor compliance
- Develop a trusted relationship with clients and ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objective
- Demand patterns are monitored and reported
- Work with Sales Managers to ensure information provided is timely and accurate
- Document customer promotional requirements
- Monitor sales against forecasts and the reservation of stock for key accounts
- Working closely with the Supply Chain team, Operations and Sales team
- The ideal candidate will have experience of Far East sourcing or supply chain planning in a commercial role within a wholesale or retail environment
- Working knowledge of a demand planning system (SAP, ZERO, Slimstock) either an off the shelf package or an in house excel based system is preferred; strong excel skills and be open to learning new systems and procedures; working in a team environment; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong record of accomplishment in a similar supply chain role
- Highly experienced in delivering client focused solutions based on clients need
- Demonstrate cost saving skills
Our client will provide training and support to the right candidate and there are good prospects to progress within the Company.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Supply Chain
- Demand Planning