Supply Chain Administrator
£17,000 - £20,000
Working days Monday - Friday
8.30am - 5pm (Flexible)
Are you looking for a permanent position in one of the fastest growing Manufacturing companies in the UK? We are seeking an individual that can respond to rapid change whilst working in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have experience of Supply chain administration and be able to solve problems whilst maintaining a clear focus on company values.
You will be based on site at the worlds fastest source for custom prototype and low- to mid - volume parts. The speed and versatility allows you manage your team into taking parts from the early stages of prototyping all the way up to production of 10,000+ parts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Proto Labs supply chain operations including, vendor relationships, purchasing, inventory control, shipping / receiving and scheduling.
- Assist with supplier selection and on-going evaluation using price, quality, service, support, availability and reliability for these selections.
- Help with reviewing and managing supplier performance. Investigate and initiate alternative sourcing as needed.
- Creating purchase orders on the system from relevant authorised paperwork and tracking their progress.
- Dealing with any issues or queries which may arise regarding an order placed.
- Obtaining relevant quotes and updating pricing lists when required.
- Chasing delivery dates from suppliers when required and confirming dates with ordering departments.
- Assisting in updating prices and lead times on the system where required.
- Responsible for raw materials and supplies procurement including metals & plastics in a hi-volume, quick-turn, manufacturing environment.
- Establish, maintain and monitor inventory practices in support of corporate objectives. Develop, implement, and maintain procedures to ensure accuracy. Monitor excess & obsolete inventory, etc. and take corrective action.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Providing holiday and absence cover for the Supply Chain team.
- Performing any other ad hoc duties required by Manager.
Skills / Knowledge
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to work well with all functional work groups within the company
- Highly organised, dependable, resourceful and self motivated
- Strong business correspondence skills
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Accuracy and timeliness of production of information
- PC Literate
- Highly numerate
Qualifications / experience:
- Experience in general office and supply chain/purchasing procedures
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comfortable with technology
Work Environment: Nonsmoking; office.
- Supply Chain Administator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job