- Previous administrative and clerical experience (preferably in a Purchasing/Stores environment)
- Proven organisational skills
- IT literate, including use of spreadsheets / Microsoft Office packages
- Competent keyboard skills
- Evidence of good communication skills
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Qualifications: 3 GCSE passes (grade C+) including English & Maths (or equivalent / demonstrable competence)
- To provide a comprehensive range of administrative support services as directed by the Business Partner or Stores Manager, ensuring services are provided to the client through efficient working in the Procurement Department.
- The Supplies Assistant will undertake duties associated with procuring goods/services through electronic procurement system ensuring the financial & procurement rules are adhered to.
- Catalogue & supplier record maintenance.
- Receipt and issue of stocked goods in an accurate and timely manner within the Procurement Unit to aid the delivery of the Stores service.
- The post involves manual as well as clerical work, the post holder must be able to work flexibly between the two skills.