Supplier Risk and Assurance Manager
Salary: £40,000-45,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits: 9% bonus at target, 28 days holiday, fantastic pension scheme (matched contributions doubled e.g. 7% from Employee, 14% from employer) and much, much more!
Royal London (RL) is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We have a commercial ambition. An ambition to create and sustain a best in class Group-wide Sourcing and Supplier Management capability. A capability that delivers defined commercial excellence, time and time again. The Procurement Transformation is underway and there is no better time to join Royal London!
An instrumental permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Supplier Risk and Assurance Manager to join our Sourcing and Supplier Management Team based in our Wilmslow office. The Sourcing and Supplier Management Team's purpose is to be a trusted and valued commercial capability that delivers significant business cost, risk and relationship management value and to create a centre of commercial excellence for the Royal London Group through best in class sourcing and supplier management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the establishment and management of best practice supplier risk management standards, to include tools, techniques, reporting, policies and processes. In addition, they will provide support to the business based supplier owners in their supplier risk management accountabilities.
- Create and manage a Supplier Risk Management Framework
- Ensure Group-wide standards to required industry and regulatory standards
- Responsible for training and educating Group Sourcing and Supplier Management with regards to effective risk management
- Carry out workshops to refresh all risk and control assessments and carry out completeness reviews to ensure that all relevant risks have been captured
- Responsible for the design and embedding of an Assurance Framework to support Group Sourcing and Supplier Management and business-wide compliance to agreed ways of working
- Accountable for conducting assessments with strategic suppliers to establish compliance to contractual requirements and the effectiveness of any controls that are in place
- Responsible for the delivery of a robust attestation process to assess business-wide compliance to Group Policies
- Ensuring that the Supplier Managers adopt the Assurance Framework in their leadership of strategic and select preferred relationships
- Support the Head of Sourcing Operations in the monitoring, reporting and compliance management to Policy
- Lead the annual Policy review
- Provide as required education and support to Supplier Managers with respect to their day to day supplier risk management activities
- Facilitate a joined-up approach to risk management throughout Royal London, to include Data Security, Legal, Finance, Risk and Audit teams
- Responsible for owning and managing the risk appetite across Group Sourcing and Supplier Management, which includes risk reporting, updating the risk register in a timely manner and ensuring that all risks are identified, reported and mitigated to the appropriate standard
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrable risk and assurance experience, preferably within the financial sector
- Strong selling style and effective communicator, collaborator and influencer
- Good technical skills - systems, Microsoft Office suite etc.
- Graduate calibre or relevant professional qualification desirable
- Change management experience
- Good analytical skills - a strong attention to detail and capability to see, assess and mitigate risk
- Strong planning and organisational skills; a completer finisher
- Clear thinker, with proven commercial acumen and strategic focus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage effectively with a range of audiences
- Ability to manage a variety of complex projects simultaneously and build and maintain effective business relationships (internal and external)
- Represent the team in a wholly professional and ethical manner
We're looking for candidates with strong behaviours, core values and ethics. Evidentially professional, with a passion for building long-term sustainable business, supplier and colleague relationships. You'll be highly self-aware and see the value that can be enjoyed through collaboration and team working. We always aim to selflessly deliver the best outcomes for our members and customers.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below. To further queries please contact Joe Donnelly