Supplier Quality Engineer
Linx Printing Technologies are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team in St Ives.
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Linx House, St.Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Supplier Quality Engineer - The Job:
Responsible for the development and management of existing vendors ensuring they deliver on Linx requirements for Quality Delivery and Cost, you will also be responsible for auditing potential new vendors to determine if they can meet the requirements of Linx. You will be responsible for taking ownership of supplier quality issues raised through the operations daily management meetings and communicated via the ME's and SQE's ensuring prompt containment and root cause is established followed by robust countermeasures to prevent re-occurrence.
Supplier Quality Engineer - Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Commodity Managers in identifying, qualifying and developing new vendors capable of fulfilling the QDCI requirements of Linx.
- Plan, organise and drive sustainable Q, D and C improvement across incumbent supplier base.
- Ensure supply base is capable of meeting requirements for Q and D by providing support for PPV projects via the implementation of selected APQP tools (eg. PPAP, FMEA’s Control Plans etc.), alongside PSP and other DHR approved tools.
- Supplier Audit / Assessments
- Work closely with cross functional teams to, organise, and drive sustainable quality improvements across incumbent supply base.
Supplier Quality Engineer - Qualifications/Knowledge & Skills:
- Engineering based degree - preferably Mechanical (Desirable)
- Knowledge & Skills
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Supplier / Process Audits
Supplier Quality Engineer - Work Experience:
- Experienced in working with suppliers of electronic and mechanical components
- Experience in conducting supplier audits / assessments, working with suppliers to develop control plans and FMEA's to ensure processes are capable of meeting requirements.
- Experience working within a company producing electromechanical assemblies.
- Has experience / an understanding of the APQP / PPAP tools
- Can demonstrate an ability to work with a supplier to identify root cause of an issue and the development of a suitable countermeasure.
Supplier Quality Engineer - Job Requirements/Competencies:
- Able to travel to global supply base - China / US / Europe (Required)
- Driving licence (Required)
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
- Communication at all levels
- Supplier development
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Examples of identifying route cause and implementing counter measures.
- Examples of improving supplier performance in PPM and OTD
- Examples of where the candidate has used data to identify trends
- Able to explain fundamentals of Lean manufacturing
- Demonstrate an understanding and has used APQP tools e.g. PPAP, control plans, FMEA's
- Can explain and has experience using SPC to drive results
To submit your CV for this exciting Supplier Quality Engineer opportunity, please click 'Apply’ now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"