As their client base continues to expand a Supplier Quality Engineer is required to lead and drive continuous improvement within the worldwide supply chain and ensuring best practices are being followed throughout.
Our client are a global manufacturing business based in Bath who are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join their growing team.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for:
- Leading and/or supporting supplier improvement activities to drive a reduction in quality and delivery performance issues.
- Coaching & supporting suppliers in the deployment of modern quality tools and techniques.
- Assist in the investigation of supplier process or product problems within the division.
- Review, update or establish quality requirements to be placed upon suppliers.
- To liaise with Purchasing, Engineering and Production as required to facilitate improvement in supplier performance.
- Working with Strategic Sourcing as required, to identify new suppliers and conducting initial assessments and approval.
- Provide support when required to other Quality teams within the division for supplier development activities.
The suitable candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a leading Supplier Quality/Supplier Development role with a broad background in electro-mechanical manufacturing.
HNC/HND/Degree in an Engineering or Manufacturing Discipline.
- Lead Assessor ISO 9001 training would be a distinct advantage.
- Sound working knowledge and deployment of Lean principles and associated tools such as PFMEA, 8D, PPAP, APQP, SPC, etc.
- Managing and leading supplier improvement activities.
- Comprehensive understating of ISO9001 and its application.
- Conducting supplier audits
- Experience in an aluminium die casting environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Supplier Quality Engineer