Supplier Quality Engineer
Our client is a very reputable Aerospace business seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their performing and growing business in the Nottingham area.
Investigate, analyse and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analysing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
Supplier Quality Lead
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform the essential duties proficiently.
• Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement
• Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (Past due), DPPM and waste
• Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply
• Develop long-term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas
• Aide manufacturing in the evaluation and qualification of new supplier materials following a defined new product development process
• Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting the company’s requirements. Projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6-Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events
• Work with purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented
• Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule
• Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals
• Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances
• Drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base
• Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
o Aide in the new, probationary and rejected supplier transition processes
o Travel to supplier locations to resolve quality problems
o Assure compliance to all applicable legal requirements pertaining to the environmental aspects and impacts.
o Work to help achieve the performance goals established in the environmental measurement areas.
o Communicate engineering and manufacturing specifications to supplier technical teams
o Actively manage suppliers to ensure there are no regressions with the implementation of new processes
o Offer suggestions that can lead to improved environmental performance whenever possible
Supplier Quality Engineer
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems
• Identify and record any problems relating to the product process and quality system
• Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels
• Verify the implementation of solutions
• Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, 8-D, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP, etc. preferred
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
Supplier Quality Enginee