Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Salary: £25k - £30k
Position: Full Time
Hours: Monday to Thursday 07:30 - 16:30, Friday 07:30 - 12:30
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma/Degree/NVQ/HNC or higher in a quality/engineering/technical subject.
- Quality systems / process knowledge would be of benefit.
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment would be of benefit.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of / competent use of measurement techniques; 8D, DMAIC, 5 Whys, ISHIKAWA and other measurement tools.
- Computer/ Microsoft software literate.
- Full Driving License
- Responsible for quality procedures and work methods affecting quality companywide are implemented and effective.
- PPAP/ISIR & New Product Launch Support.
- FMEA & Control Plan Support.
- Ensure that ISO9001 requirements and procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply chain.
- Champion vendor performance and appraisal processes.
- Support technical resolution in vendor deviation requests and concessions.
- Ensure appropriate MRB and containment actions have been implemented and are effective as required.
- Responsible for implementing process capability studies or special studies necessary to increase control and lower total quality costs.
- Assist in promoting a quality aware culture throughout the business.
- In-manufacturing quality support to meet objectives, eliminate waste and drive down cost of poor quality.
- Support 8D root cause problem solving, analysis & reporting, as part of the organizations CAPA process.
- Create and implementation of standard operating procedures & work instructions in inspection department.
- Support Inspection activities for internal manufactured components and procured materials.
If this Supplier Quality Engineer position sounds like the role for you apply today send your CV below!
- Problem Solving
- Quality Procedures