Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
Role: Supplier Quality Engineer - IFE
Location: Qatar, Doha
Main activities of role: -
As a member of the Aircraft Deliveries & Supplier Quality Team, you are expected to oversee the build and quality assembly, including the delivery process of new required IFE system as per scope of company granted Authorisations a member of the Aircraft Deliveries & Supplier Quality Team. Establish partnerships with key suppliers to ensure the product is within the specification ensuring that all related deficiencies are noted and properly documented and corrected. Those deficiencies that cannot be corrected are imbedded in the associated commitment letter for improvement investigation and resolution as agreed while achieving cost containment.
- To supervise a team of technical assistants which would be responsible for the final release of IFE products by the Supplier Quality Engineer - Level I (IFE).
- Perform all new supplier products' Source Inspections (SI) related to In-Flight Entertainment systems prior delivery to Qatar Airways or designated MRO's to make sure the products are as per the specification and free of any quality manufacturing defects.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product quality and verify the implementation of the solution.
- Work with Vendor & Contract performance section to monitor the supplier KPl’s and to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Participate in the establishment of In-Flight Entertainment system supplier performance metrics.
- Identify program related issues of In-Flight Entertainment and cabin systems' and liaise technical concerns to respective Qatar Airways department in order to place a solution on a timely manner.
- All manufacturer’s published technical documents relating to open supplier concerns are reviewed and validated during factory inspection of supplier product ensuring items that affect the fleet operation are highlighted to responsible Aircraft Deliveries section for contractual resolution
- Provide guidance and technical advice on related In-Flight Entertainment systems to other Supplier Quality Engineers – Level
- This position interacts with Product development, Aircraft Program and engineering, as well as supplier representatives to improve processes that impact supplied products.
- Perform other Aircraft Deliveries & Production oversight duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- To participate on a new Aircraft's definition and production selection along with the rest of the airline stakeholders.
- Participate on Product and work scope definition and development through Initial Technical Coordination Meeting, Preliminary Design Review and Critical Design Review and involved suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- To participate with Aircraft's Program Team in the creation Product Specification Document or/and the Quality Criteria Documents that meets or exceeds the desired Qatar Airways requirements.
- Participate on the inspections of product/systems mock ups or demonstration units at supplier facilities or trade shows. Similar all relevant mock ups or demonstrations units that need to be shown for review.
- Verification of product realisation through inspection of first article production with relevant stakeholders.
- Participation in aircraft pre-definition exercises through trade study meetings, conferences, symposiums etc with OEM’s, suppliers and other operators
- Provide technical support and guidance to the the Aircraft program team to solve quality issues.
Required Qualification & Experience -
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Post-Graduate level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or technical discipline (or non-technical degree with 6 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance experience, or an Associate's Degree with 12 years of manufacturing, engineering, or quality assurance experience).
- ICAO type II/Part 66 holder Engineer aircraft license.
- You should have good understanding of aircraft manufacturing, aircraft production and delivery process.
- You must have effective problem solving, root-cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change.
- You should have good Proficiency with MS Office tools with excellent English language oral communication & report-writing skills.
- You will have ability to work under pressure and within tight time frames and deadlines.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'