Supplier Quality Engineer (Electro Mechanical, PPAP, APQP, Audits, Lean)
Bristol, Bath, Somerset, Avon, Wiltshire, South Gloucestershire
£Neg + car + benefits
Supplier Quality Engineer with hands-on practical experience of electro-mechanical equipmentrequired by world leading manufacturer of specialist high-tech low-volume electronic and electromechanical systems.
- Proven experience in a leading Supplier Quality/Supplier Development role with a broad background in electro-mechanical manufacturing.
- Sound working knowledge and deployment of Lean principles and associated tools such as PFMEA, 8D, PPAP, APQP, SPC, etc.
- Good understanding of operational systems such as ERP/MRP.
- Proficient in understanding engineering drawings.
- Managing and leading supplier improvement activities.
- Comprehensive understanding of ISO9001 and its application.
- Conducting supplier audits.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft suite).
- Leading and/or supporting supplier improvement activities to drive a reduction in quality and delivery performance issues.
- Coaching & supporting suppliers in the deployment of modern quality tools and techniques.
- Assist in the investigation of supplier process or product problems within the division.
- Review, update or establish quality requirements to be placed upon suppliers.
- To liaise with Purchasing, Engineering and Production as required to facilitate improvement in supplier performance.
- Working with Strategic Sourcing as required, to identify new suppliers and conducting initial assessments and approval.
Provide support when required to other Quality teams within the division for supplier development activities.
- HNC/HND/Degree in an Engineering or Manufacturing Discipline.
- Lead Assessor ISO 9001 training would be a distinct advantage.