This leading manufacturer of industrial equipment is looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to join their established team, operating within a cross-functional matrix management structure, supporting both Operational and Functional objective achievement. Established over 100 years ago and with a global presence, this company offers an excellent range of benefits including 25 days holiday (plus stats), Health cash plan, pension scheme, life assurance, and free car parking.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer with a background in the Castings industry, with a strong personality to be able to manage supplier issues & implement a robust supply chain.
You will be supporting the whole Supply chain, Operations, Aftermarket and Warranty, driving the implementation and adherence to best in class standardised procedures and processes throughout.
As Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer, you will drive the achievement of best in class standards into the supply chain given advice guidance and expediting supplier responses and performance as required, your duties will include -
- Raising vendor 8Ds and chasing robust responses in line with company requirements
- Lead the development and implementation of improved Quality process controls across all Supplier processes in order to drive a zero quality defect tolerant culture.
- Ensure the understanding, implementation and compliance with relevant Quality standards.
- Support the development of a robust tier 1 type supply chain with key robust suppliers being sourced audited at regular intervals
- Implement a Supplier score card system to enable the organisation to evaluate all key suppliers.
- Support Production MDI boards ensuring the speedy resolution of supplier issues that are presented.
- Performing supplier Audits and tracking the corrective actions
- Liaising with other functions and departments to ensure issues are understood, reported and rectified.
To be successful in the role of Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer, the ideal Candidate will -
- Be a Quality Practitioner with extensive experience of resolving complicated issues in an expeditious way.
- Have high levels of competency in QMS development and implementation, exposure to and understanding of wide ranging standards including BSI, IATF and MoD standards and requirements, and strong experience of applying standard Quality Management tools such as APQP, SPC, 8D/PPS, FAIR/PSW, Controls Plans, FMEA.
- Solid understanding of Mechanical Engineering, including castings, pressings and machined components
On offer -
- A competitive salary of up to £41k
- 25 days holiday (plus stats)
- Health cash plan,
- Company pension
- Life assurance up to x4 salary
- Free car parking.
Hit "Apply Now" to be considered for this role!
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
- SQA supplier quality Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job