Manager (Supplier Management) Procurement
The Supplier Management team is responsible for the creation, implementation, ongoing management and continuous improvement of the Supplier Management Programme, Framework and working practices across the organisation.
The team is part of the Procurement department, which is accountable for the management of third-party supply to enable the delivery of Value for Money for the company, whilst ensuring compliance with procurement legislation.
What does this job involve?
- Act as one of the two Subject Matter Experts on Supplier Management:
o Provide guidance and advice to the Supplier Management community and the Categories Team
o External monitoring of Supplier Management best practice
o Develop and deploy a Supplier Management Learning & Development programme
- Maintain and improve the Supplier Management Framework, including Handbook, Workbooks and other tools and templates.
- Deploy the Supplier Management Framework across the existing supply base
- Develop and deploy a methodology to manage the Tier 3, ie non-Strategic, supply base
- Develop and deploy an integrated due-diligence and supplier assurance methodology
- Work with the Categories Team to integrate Sourcing and Supplier Management activity to enhance the Procurement department’s offer (e.g. segmentation, due-diligence, handover, contract change)
- Undertake regular quality assurance reviews of compliance with Supplier Management Framework
- Undertake an annual review to ensure that suppliers have been correctly segmented
- Act as a point of escalation to facilitate the resolution of key commercial or contractual disputes
- Identify, assess and recommend detailed requirements for a technology solution to enable Supplier Management activity; support the selection of and manage the mobilisation of the new solution.
- Measure, manage and report the efficiency and effectiveness of the Supplier Management Programme
- Manage single direct report
What will the candidate get from the role?
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that serves the public and whose decisions directly affect the wellbeing of people, businesses and the UK economy.
- The opportunity to oversee the deployment and embedding of an ambitious Supplier Management Programme in an organisation where senior stakeholders recognise the value that such a programme can deliver.
- You will have a rare opportunity to understand and shape the workings of the financial sector at a time of considerable change.
- You will have the opportunity to work with and influence senior stakeholders across the company, with a mandate to play an increasing role in ensuring we can deliver and demonstrate Value for Money from its supplier engagements.
- As an Academy business, we place great value on learning and we offer world-class development opportunities which will assist you in achieving your career aspirations.
- Proven background and track record across all aspects of Supplier Management (Performance, Risk, Relationship, Governance, Contract & Commercial)
- Evidence of working within a structured Supplier Management Programme
- IACCM or equivalent (MCIPs) or willingness to work towards gaining appropriate level of Qualification
- Experience required in the following areas:
- the ability to identify and manage key stakeholders at a senior level, building rapport and constructive relationships. Ability to make a strong personal impact, persuading with well-reasoned arguments and challenging where appropriate. Excellent consulting and relationship management skills and an ability to work comfortably at all levels of the organisation.
- Commercial acumen
- Communications and problem solving
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'