Do you want to work for a successful and growing retail company? Have a role that sees you have an impact on the day to day supply chain? Then we may have the role for you as Supplier Liaison Assistant to work in Peterborough.
We are looking to fill a position for the highly established and successful Ideal Shopping World are currently looking for a Supplier Liaison Assistant to work in Peterborough. The role is offered on a temporary to permanent basis and brings a very attractive salary of £18,500.
The role see you working a 40 hour week, from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday and would see you acting as a key figure between Ideal Shopping World and their suppliers. This would involve visiting the suppliers to see how they work and suggest/make any improvements as well as having a general understand of Warehouse Management Systems.
Although training is given we do expect candidates to understand portals and web systems as well as having a general understand of warehouse systems and electronic systems, so experience would be preferred.
- To support the Supplier Liaison Auditor on ensuring all new supplier records are generated and maintained on a regular basis.
- To ensure all new suppliers are fully trained on use of the electronic data interchange (EDI) system prior to commencement of trading (post approval)
- To ensure all new supplier training records on use of the EDI system and other activity such as courier services are consistently updated
- To ensure that supplier declared stock levels that are used to sell against are correct and physically in place prior to a TV show going to air.
- To ensure that suppliers despatch on time and in compliance with the agreed SLA.
To ensure support to the Supplier Liaison Auditor as and when required with Supplier queries.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- To record and document audit reports on behalf of the Supplier Liaison Auditor
- To facilitate regular supplier meetings as and when required by the Supplier Liaison Auditor
- To ensure all new supplier training reports are recorded on use of the EDI system, mail order packing requirements, returns and repair processes, claims and carrier management systems as appropriate.
- Record and report on service - both as reported by the supplier (via EDI updates), the carrier, and the customer (nil stocks, missing items, undelivered, damaged in transit)
- Maintain suite of supplier penalties per type and provide to the Supplier Liaison Auditor on a weekly basis
- Ensure and maximise assessed levels of penalty levied on suppliers. See those penalties are appropriately applied and agree action plans with suppliers to improve performance so that penalties are eliminated.
- Any other administration activity within warehouse operations as and when required
Scale of Responsibilities:
- SLAs and KPI measurement/management for all suppliers.
- Use performance data to introduce and develop a customer first culture and practise with suppliers.
- Actively participate in and promote a can-do and will-do operational environment
- Assist the Supplier Liaison Auditor in projects connected to the influence of improving business processes and trading as and when required.
Technical and/or Professional Qualifications/Expertise:
- High degree of proficiency in generic WMS functionality and systems administration - including upstream and downstream linkage to 3rd party applications/interface
- Able to produce, digest and share large data sets in a prioritised way - inclusive of end-to-end commercial assessments of a total business.
- High expertise in Excel, Word, Access, Outlook
- Full clean driving license
Peterborough, PE1 5WG
If interested apply and we will be in touch shortly
PMP Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Supply chain
- Supplier Liaison Assistant
- supply liaison
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job