My client is an industry leading manufacturer of FMCG products experiencing phenomenal growth and performance. Reporting to the Product Manager, my client seeks a Supplier Development Quality Engineer to join their Supplier Quality function to drive quality improvements in process and product with the supplier also ensuring that product safety, installation and usability are maintained as a priority.
Working closet with the Sourcing, Technical, Design & Reporting functions the Supplier Development Quality Engineer will be tasked with working closely with suppliers and sub-contract manufacturers to ensure that all product meets the high standards set by the client and its requirements at Inbound by complying with its quality standard, drawings and specifications.
Main responsibilities include:
- Ensure all suppliers are aligned to the supplier audit programme.
- Ensure all supplier audits are carried out in accordance with the audit schedule
- Ensure consistency and integrity in processes will be visible and relevant to business requirements.
- Implementing actions to improve product and supplier performance
- Ensuring that all performance reports are vetted and issued out on a period basis to allow effective updates on key suppliers.
- Respond with a high sense of urgency to quality issues and escalate / communicate appropriately.
- Lead and support quality concerns via 8D and NCRs at the customer, within primary and at the supplier. Ensuring full root cause analysis and effective countermeasures have been implemented.
- To effectively manage and approve (PDI) new product introduction (NPI) into the supply chain from a quality perspective.
- To provide key information to the category to help drive supplier alignment.
- Develop best practices throughout the supply chain.
- Ensure that suitable key performance indicators are recorded and effectively maintained on an on-going basis for all key areas of responsibility.
- To ensure adherence to all health and safety rules, policies and procedures within areas of responsibility.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess demonstrable experience in quality engineering coupled with supplier development experience. You MUST be prepared and happy to be out of the country for one week every month visiting key suppliers in a set country.
Key selection criteria includes:
- Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Manufacturing process and materials.
- Root cause analysis skill - 8D, 5WHY, etc.
- Lead Auditor of ISO9001 (Desirable)
- Continuous improvement tools.
- Ability to interpret / read engineering drawings.
- Operational knowledge of a complex and diverse supply chain.
- First rate communication skills
- Ability to push through change.
- Ability to prepare & present proposals to senior management, suppliers and/or other departments.
- Leadership, Cultural and Organisational Awareness.
- People Management and Relationship Skills.
- Organisation and Decision Making Skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader, with further ambitious growth plans ahead this is a great opportunity to join a big industry name that offers excellent career development opportunities.
- Supplier Development
- Supplier Quality