Supplier Development Manager
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 plus performance bonus, company car and benefits
Skills: account manager, business development, supplier development, manage commercial relationships, rapport building, negotiation, sales, market analysis.
Benefits: Private healthcare, business incentive scheme, lunch allowance, roadside assistance, travel insurance and much, much more
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
About the company
Would you like to work for an award winning, leading, global organisation, that offers great salary, rewards and benefit packages?
Would you like to work for an employee who was awarded Best Companies to Work for Accreditations for 9 out of the past 11 years?
Do you want to work for a company that invests in the training and development of employees and reward them for a job well done?
Based in central Croydon with immediate proximity to the train station, trams and buses in the area, travelling to work couldn’t be easier on a daily basis.
Our client believes in engaging their employees, equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to perform and making sure everyone has the opportunity to progress within the company. You will be part of a growing team, who deliver excellence both individually and through teamwork.
What will your working week be like?
An exciting role has arisen for the right candidate to manage the relationship with the businesses network of suppliers and ensure that contracts are in place and reviewed on an annual basis. Liaising across teams on initiatives and specialist projects you will be maximising the commercial opportunities of the replacement vehicle programmes and managing and coordinating the relationship between the business, its suppliers and the client. Responsibilities include:
- To coordinate any future tender for suppliers and re-negotiate rates and service at regular periods as agreed
- To negotiate through market analysis to achieve best possible rates
- To agree commissions with all relevant providers and ensure that these are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- To ensure that the most efficient and cost effective service is provided by all 3rd party assistance providers and that contracts are in place for all
- To ensure that direct relationships with providers are managed in a positive and proactive way
- To hold monthly strategic reviews with the relevant providers where they report on the service levels and activity of the quarter and forecast activity & performance for the next quarter
- To agree SLA’s, ensure that contractual KPI’s are achieved, service delivery failures and problems are discussed and resolved within agreed timescales and budgets and challenge service performance where necessary, sourcing supplier replacements if necessary
- To identify trends, forecast demand and provide reports
- To ensure accurate billing and rebilling that meets deadlines
- To carry out quality checks through regular customer surveys, market reviews, screening requirement reviews and legal compliance checks
- To attend overseas workshops and participate in conference calls
- To be responsible for quarterly & biannual reporting of Group purchasing statistics for the UK and Irish Business units
Who will suit this role?
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of account management and liaising with corporate customers face to face and over the telephone. You will ideally be CIPS part/fully qualified, although not essential. You will be a proactive, quick thinking, flexible and adaptable individual who possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of liaising with key clients and/or suppliers
- Proven organisational and problem solving skills
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Commercial acumen
- Negotiation experience
- Able to work under pressure and deal with a varied workload
- Numerate with good knowledge of MS Office including Excel
- Ability to present information in a clear and professional manner to internal and external stakeholders (both face to face and written)
- Quality focused
- Diplomatic & professional approach in dealings with clients/suppliers at all levels
***For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- account manager
- business development
- rapport building
- supplier development
- manage commercial relationships
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job