Supplier Development Engineer - Aerospace
A Leading Global Aerospace and Defence Supply Chain Service Provider based in Derbyshire are keen to appoint a Supplier Development Engineer.
The company is a leading supply chain management service, helping customers get the right quality product at the right time, by providing proven supply chain expertise and solutions. They ensure quality assurance by embedding suitable controls within their Business Management System, in accordance with ISO9001 and AS/EN9120.
Skills: Supplier Management & Liaison, Quality, Subject Matter expert
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000
The Quality Function is responsible for assuring that customer requirements are understood and translated into robust processes which comply with legal and quality approval requirements. This is achieved by working with all employees to increase the company’s efficiency, effectiveness and
- Build relationships with designated supplier leadership teams to influence improvement activities within the supplier and to promote continuous improvement.
- Undertake capability assessments on suppliers and drive subsequent closure of corresponding action plans to reduce overall supplier risk.
- To drive supplier improvement through deployment of supplier charters ensuring activities delivers measureable performance benefits to the company.
- Provide technical support to commodity strategy sourcing and product transfers, to minimise risk of this activity.
- Travel on company business where necessary and with due notice to effectively improve supplier performance.
- Participation in improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job.
- Supplier Development
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job