My client, a Nottingham based heavy industry supplier & manufacturer, are looking to increase their quality department with an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer. The business is actively expanding its UK quality team having delivered 100% growth this financial year, with this appointment being the first in a planned recruitment drive.
With 200 suppliers across the world they offer a wide range of services, supplying various components, assemblies and sub-assemblies in a variety of industries including Mining, Construction, Agriculture; with predominant experience within cast components & assemblies, the customer base is increasing demand for a broader range of engineered assemblies, which has led to such substantial growth. The business prides themselves in offering a complete service, taking full control of manufacturing, shipping and final delivery anywhere in the world, providing credit and risk management.
Based out the UK offices in Nottingham with travel to Northern China and India as required - initially you might travel once every 6-8 weeks, but in time you and the team will be able to balance travel requirements between you. Reporting into the Technical Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with a range of suppliers globally in order to fully qualify their capability to supply products to a blue-chip customer base;
- Supplier & customer interaction, responsible for resolution of any issues in an efficient manner;
- Writing technical reports & documentation to demonstrate qualification of suppliers, parts & assemblies;
- Quality System auditing & improvement, working with a cross-section of cultures & environments to maintain quality system standards;
- Engagement with all suppliers in the development of policies for employee wellbeing.
The successful Supplier Quality Engineer will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Experience working within a major manufacturer supplying components or assemblies to global manufacturers;
- Fully rounded experience of all elements of Supplier Quality & Supplier Development, including audit and process improvement activities;
- First-class communication and influencing skills, demonstrable experience leading project-based activities and developing buy-in at all levels of a business;
- Passionate and enthusiastic engineer with a desire to be part of an exciting, growing business.
The successful Supplier Quality Engineer will receive a salary of £40,000 to £50,000 plus benefits, with all travel expenses paid.
Gleeson Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website www.gleeson-rg.com for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.