We are currently representing blue chip manufacturing company in the North East. They are currently looking for a Supplier Development engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. They are looking for the right candidate to drive improvements of the supply chain through auditing and continuous improvement activities and support internal projects, highlights resource conflicts to the Supplier Quality Manager, and mitigates/solves where possible. If you are looking to join a reputable employer, please apply immediately.
- Working in conjunction with Quality Manager investigating internal and customer non-conformances, maintaining quality database.
- Conducting internal and supplier audits, managing audit schedule.
- Writing and maintaining standard operating procedures, work instructions and quality plans.
- Inspecting critical parts and drawings using measuring equipment.
- Responsible for compiling the monthly Quality KPI's for management review.
- Working to 5Y, 8D and FEMA problem solving methodologies.
- Undertaking investigations of any quality issues that should arise.
- Writing and maintaining standard operating procedures, work instructions.
- Overseeing and ensuring high standard of quality is maintained across section.
- Degree in Engineering and/or business administration and/or a related technical qualification
- Project Management experience
- Ability to lead and work as part of multi-functional teams
- Demonstrable experience in the use of problem solving tools and analytics
- Good knowledge of ISO standards (ISO9001, 14001, 18001)
- Knowledge of Lean principles