Supervisory Assistant - Burravoe Primary School
Responsible, under the direction of the head of establishment or such other officer as may be designated by the authority, individually or as a member of a team, for securing the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the break period in accordance with the practices and procedures of the local authority. Duties will include supervision of the pupils in the dining hall, playground areas and school premises and may include ancillary associated duties (for example cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean, etc) to ensure the maintenance of good order and discipline.
Burravoe Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Burravoe, Yell. It provides primary education to P7 for children from West Yell to Gossabrough. The structure of the school is 1 composite primary class. There are currently a total 11 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 1 teacher assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Ms Caroline Breyley. Further information can be found on the schools website at /
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -Additional Information
- The grade of this post is B
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0846 per hour
- Employees on grade B will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £0.94 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £9.59 per hour.
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 5.0 Hours per Week, 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays]
- Hours per week can be negotiated between preferred candidate(s) and service needs
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Burravoe Primary School, Yell
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Caroline Breyley, Head Teacher, onor email
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"