Supervisor - AH Operations / Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead a team working across Animal House Operations. We are looking to recruit an Operational Supervisor based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. You will lead a team of up to 15 people and be responsible for the scheduling and co-ordination of the team as well as overseeing the relevant studies.
- Conduct objective setting, assessments, appraisal interviews, salary adjustments and promotions etc.
- Coaching and mentoring of staff in the lab environment.
- Support other supervisors and coordinate performance of allocated studies or duties.
- Responsible for compliance with laws, regulatory agency guidelines, Good Laboratory Practice, SOPs and other operating procedures as well as study plans.
- Organise necessary resources for conducting all relevant study or non-study related tasks and participates in the study performance.
- Understand and interpret study plans and identifies problems resulting from the study plan or during study conduct and takes appropriate action.
- Participate in meetings, inspections or client visits.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Good organizational and time management skills required.
- Effective communication skills required.
- Solid people management and supervisory experience of a small to medium sized team.
- Experience of working in a scientific/research environment.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice.
- Home Office Licence Holder is desired.
- Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
- Join us as we speed the delivery of ground breaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
Education / Qualifications
- See above
- · 4 Years of experience as a supervisor
To submit your application for this Supervisor opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our Covance careers page.