An opportunity has arisen for a Supervisor to join our Shareholder Administration Team based in Beckenham. Our team is responsible for all aspects of registration maintenance and general administration work over multiple share registers. We work closely with other business areas to provide the very highest level of service in administering complex processes and the highest standard in share register maintenance.
Supervisor - Overview
This role is to maintain a high level of administrative standards across multiple registers which vary in complexity, with an aim to deliver outstanding customer service to both clients and shareholders.
Working alongside our Technical Supervisor this role is primarily to drive Service Excellence through staff development and well-being. It requires experience and knowledge surrounding people management, plus an adept ability in coaching, training and recruitment to ensure that our department can deliver daily service demands to a consistent level.
The role also requires client facing experience, assertiveness and good influencing and negotiating skills, to assist and liaise with Client Services, Business Development and overseas Registrars, providing our expertise and knowledge to ensure potential new business is gained and implemented seamlessly.
Our aim is to recruit a dynamic and talented individual to assist and lead our department in enhancing our reputation within the business. We are an invaluable department providing a wealth of knowledge and our aim is to develop a series of strategies to enhance our overall quality and meet client service level agreements (SLA).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following and these will be delivered with the support of your peers and team members:
Human Resources: to assist and lead the management of staffing including; holiday, absence management, disciplinary issues, PIPs and a well-being strategy, harmonising our approach to meet the business requirements, in-line with the introduction of Link’s new Target Operating Model (TOM)
Coaching & Training: identify the development needs of our teams to ensure a high level of competency is achieved across the team
Service Excellence Champion: initiate and strategically implement procedural reviews, with an aim to improve the overall level of efficiency within the team
Incident Reporting Champion: liaise with the IR Champion forum and implement directives around training, competency levels and the completion within business SLAs
Customer focus: to lead customer care focus, devising campaigns and strategies in promoting our service. The team must be engaged in the drafting and delivery of these campaigns, enabling their involvement and their "buy-in"
Business development: you will need to liaise with business departments to assist in new business opportunities
Tasks: as well as developing the strategic direction of the department, you will also be required to fulfil daily tasks to assist the management team with the overall workflow
Development & strategy
- Identify the development needs of the teams to ensure a high level of competency is achieved across the department by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities
- Accomplish results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures
- Improve service quality by devising strategies to review procedures and evaluate current systems
- Complete special projects by organizing and coordinating requirements against management information (MI); planning, arranging, monitoring results and meeting schedules
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending internal and external training courses
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including Service Excellence strategy
- Ensure staff development is consistent - probation meetings, monthly 1-2-1’s and 6 monthly appraisals
- Determine development needs and requirements for the department by meeting with managers and talking with employees
- Review existing training to determine appropriateness and relevance
- Modify or create course materials to meet specific training needs
- Collate ideas from other industries that can be applied to development materials
- Oversee programs that include PowerPoint presentations, printed manuals, group sessions, training videos and more
- Manage costs for development to ensure a return on investment
- Maintain knowledge of new development techniques and methods
Legal, regulatory and compliance
- Ensure adherence to Health & Safety rules
- Ensure compliance with Link’s 'Treating Customers Fairly’ policy at all times
- Ensure mandatory training is completed and kept up to date for yourself and all team members
Quality of service
- Resource planning: effective planning to the department’s calendar year
- Keep the team informed of critical dates within the year and the impact this has on them
- Efficiencies: monitor the effectiveness of working procedures/processes and ensure that these are met by all team members. Wherever possible identify and recommend potential improvements to existing working practices