We require an Assistant Manager to lead a team of 8 working in an execution only dealing team.
The position presents an excellent opportunity for a person with experience in a dealing team and preferably some supervisory experience to move into a managerial role.
- Work within the team using a hands on approach to supervising and motivating others
- Ensure that all orders are executed at best price, compliant to client’s needs, regulations and "best execution" requirements of the London Stock Exchange and FCA
- Process improvement - make recommendations to improve operational processes
- Handle enquiries from regulators, any client complaints and delegate or resolve
- Identify and rectify bottlenecks, emerging problems and operational risk
- Keep up-to-date with market issues, dealing rules and compliance regulations
- Resolve any dealing disputes using sound technical judgement
- Promote a culture that ensures controls and procedures are diligently employed
- Experience in investment management in a Dealing role
- The job holder should be educated to GCSE/A Level or equivalent level and have excellent numerical and written communication skills
- Successfully achieved, or part achieved the IOC or Securities Certificate and willing to work towards completing the full qualification within an agreed timescale
- Some previous supervisory experience
- Confident and articulate - willingness to challenge existing processes and procedures
- Experience of equities and unit trusts
- Meticulous, detail orientated
- Customer focused
- Adaptable and able to multi-task
Salary iro £28,000 - £32,000 pa
Bens include discretionary bonus, pension and holiday purchase scheme.
Hours: 8 - 4.30 Mon -Fri
Holidays: 22 increasing with service to max 30 days + bank hols.
Location: West Kent
- Financial Services
- Unit Trusts