An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time Supervising Social Worker specialising in Short Breaks and Disability within the Fostering Team based in Woking
The successful candidate will be part of a creative fostering service that works with the theories of trauma, attachment and loss, social pedagogy and restorative practice to ensure the best outcomes for our children.
The primary focus of the role will be assessing and supervising foster carers, as well as completing assessments for temporary approval under Regulation 24, supervising general and Connected Persons Foster carers, and carrying out general tasks within the wider fostering team.
Self-motivated and accustomed to working to deadlines, you will have good IT and communication skills, with experience of establishing and nurturing multi-agency relationships.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Knowledge and or experience of working with children with disabilities/ additional needs in order to support and advise Foster carers in their caring role. We are looking for professionals who are as passionate about children with disabilities in Surrey as we are, and that means giving children with disabilities the opportunity to be heard, and listening to what they say
- Experience of working with children and young people and a comprehensive knowledge of legislation relating to Looked After Children
- An ability to be able to work directly with the wider public, foster carers and young people, and be able to produce clear evidenced based and analytical assessments
- Flexibility to be able to work evenings and occasional weekends, as the role includes attending recruitment events and home visits outside office hours.
- You need to be a qualified Social Worker registered with HCPC
The role is primarily based within the Fostering Team in Quadrant Court, Woking but as the Disability Specialist team you will need to be prepared to travel countywide and in some instances country-wide, therefore access to your own transport is essential.
For more information, please see the full job description attached at the bottom of this page.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'