Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Worker's including two for a Fostering Service Team at Tameside Borough Council.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Undertaking reg 24 | Undertaking viability and full connected carers assessments | Previous fostering experience and informed of relevant legislation
Knowledge of children protection legislation | Carry a case load of 6 full connected carers and 2 viabilities | To prepare and present information (both written and oral) to Panels the Court
Know and understanding of child protection legislation and connected carers | Attending Final Care Planning Meetings | Relevant legislation such as SGO and CAO
Working within tight timescales for Panel and Court deadlines | Working within statutory legislation, giving evidence in Court | Working with multi-disciplinary team
Supervision of applicants/carers | Undertaking complex connected person assessments | Undertaking risk assessments | To maintain up-to-date records on all work carried out and to ensure good and effective communication with other professionals involved | Ability to be flexible (travel) | Contribute to a Duty system.
Applications from Social Workers who have previously worked and gained post qualifying experience within such environments are very welcome.
We would ask that applicants meet the following: -
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification and will be registered with the HCPC as a qualified social worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach when need arises.
Tameside Council are offering an hourly rate of £25.02 per hour (Umbrella) for this post.
Contracts are full-time and offered for a minimum of 3 months.
Ashberry Recruitment work with the majority of local authorities within the North of England and Midlands. Our team of specialist Social Work Consultants are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency career.
Please contact Gavin Wintersgill should you like to discuss these vacancies further or should you wish to discuss any other QSW vacancies within the North of England.