An excellent and repeatedly 'outstanding’ IFA, also with a therapeutic service, are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and skilled social worker to work within highly respected agency. The post will involve supporting cares across South Hampshire to improve the outcomes and lives of looked after children, delivering a high quality fostering service.
You will be supporting foster placements across the Southampton to Fareham region, with office based in between.
The agency are continually growing and developing and do not let the fact that they are repeatedly outstanding get in the way of always improving their services. Your input and influence will be valued and appreciated as they look for Social workers that share their same caring vision for looked after children.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Supporting a caseload of carers with therapeutic / foster placements as required.
- Being involved in the recruitment campaign for foster carers.
- Undertaking assessments and approval of foster carers as required.
- Training foster carers in both Skills to Foster
- Supervising foster carers in accordance with Fostering Regulations.
The post holder will be supported and supervised regularly. Relevant training will be provided and a comprehensive induction into the job role. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with children and young people in a supportive environment.
The post holder will also have contact with therapists, SSW’s, Individual Workers and Social Work Assistants and be part of the team helping to stabilise and care for the child / young person.
- Be a qualified social worker and HCPC registered
- Be a car owner / driver and be prepared to travel across the Devon region
- Ideally have prior fostering experience
- Have strong experience across children’s services
How to Apply
For an informal chat around the role and agency please email your CV or contact information in confidence and we will be in touch to discuss the agency and role.