Are you an experienced fostering social worker, looking for a change? Wanting to work for a small/medium independent organisation, where you have an opportunity to develop a region and make a role your own?
A medium sized IFA in Devon are looking for an experienced and passionate supervising social worker to join their team. This role will suit an experienced children’s / fostering social worker who is keen to further develop their career in the independent fostering sector, working for an Independent Fostering Agency that is continuously growing and improving its service.
The caseload will be between 6 and 12 so very manageable and you will have a big impact on the regions development plans.
This role can be home based, but there is an Office in Plymouth region and good regional support. The region you will be covering is central Devon with a good focal point being around the Okehampton area.
Duties will include:
- Support and supervision to a small existing case load of carers in the region - based across Suffolk and Cambridgeshire
- Further regional development, recruiting and assessing potential carers
- Carrying out of Form F assessments and initial visits
- The presentation of applications to the fostering panel
- Delivery of training to carers
- Regular visits to carers and the young people in their care
- Reporting and recording on foster carers performance, needs and on placement progress
You will be:
- HCPC registered with considerable post qualification experience ideally within LAC and Fostering.
- Have access to a vehicle for some travel around the Mid Devon region.
How to Apply
For more information on the role and organisation please send your CV
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job