Hours- 6 per week Sundays
Salary- £8.21 per hour
Working for Age UK can unlock many benefits and perks, such as:-
25 days holiday + Bank Holiday allowance + pension scheme + 100s of shopping discounts + life assurance + many more!!
Responsible for running our shop on a Sunday, you will lead by example and set high standards and encourage healthy sales. You will treat people fairly‚ give them encouragement and make your shop a fun place to be.
* Maximise shop income and achieve agreed financial performance targets including production targets, pricing and stock rotation.
* Implement the highest standards of customer care and service
* Ensure shop premises are clean and tidy at all times and that goods are displayed in an attractive and presentable manner.
* Hold shop keys, opening and closing the premises for trading hours and responding to emergency call out if and when necessary.
* Generate stock donations to meet sales requirements, acknowledge receipt and arrange collection where necessary.
* Support, train and co-ordinate the work of volunteers in the shop as required, encouraging an active interest in the shop and the work of Age UK. Please note that our shop does not have a lot of volunteers on a Sunday.
* Undertake any administrative and financial procedures including accurately inputting required data into IT equipment within agreed timescales
* Travel within the region where required in the performance of the job, to provide cover in another shop, or for training activities or company meetings.
* Undertake any other appropriate duties as directed by the Area Sales Manager and Divisional Sales Manager to achieve performance targets and realise the full potential of the shop.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Literate & numerate with good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a wide range of people.
* The ability to work as part of an effective team.
* Basic knowledge of Health & Safety & Fire regulations.
* Flexible approach to work required. Occasional requirement to work additional days to cover holidays and sickness or participate in trading outside of normal shop hours e.g. shop events
* Previous experience of running a retail shop
* Excellent customer service skills
* Full Clean driving licence
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'