Substance Misuse/DART Nurse
Location: HMP Holme House
Salary: £24,063 - £28,746 with £1500 Environmental Allowance
37.5 hours per week
*** Golden Hello Scheme ***
Are you a qualified nurse or healthcare professional looking for a new post in a dynamic, values-led and supportive organisation?
G4S Healthcare has introduced a 'Golden Hello’ Scheme to reward candidates for choosing G4S Healthcare as an employer. The scheme applies upon the successful full time contracted recruitment of Qualified Nursing Posts.
Following all satisfactory pre-employment checks and commencement of employment, you will receive the payment in two instalments as follows:
- £750 on commencement of employment (once all satisfactory pre-employment checks have been completed)
- £750 on successful completion of 6 months service.
The payments will be non-pensionable and will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
Further information will be discussed at interview, should you be successful.
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the prison environment to maximize personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Administer medications in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimize risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Part 1 NMC registration
Experience of working within a team
Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 - 10 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note this vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.