Do you have a Scientific degree in biological sciences or chemistry and have experience of working in a GLP enviroment?
Want to work for a company who work together to build a healthier and safer world?
If this sounds like you, Envigo are looking for a Study Scientist to join our growing Metabolism team in Alocnbury, Huntingdon. Envigo provides essential products and research services for pharmaceutical, crop protection, chemical companies, universities, governments, research organizations.
As a Study Scientist you will Primarily be responsible for performing the sample preparation and analysis of samples from metabolism studies that are carried out and reported to high scientific standards in compliance to GLP, A(SP)A and HSE regulations. Samples will typically come from in vitro studies using hepatocytes and enzymes and plasma and urine from animal studies and will be mainly focussed on small molecules.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Reviewing scientific literature and attending conferences (as required) and thereby maintaining an up to date knowledge of technical, scientific and regulatory developments related to animal metabolism.
- Supervision and conduct of studies according to study protocols/analytical plans and SOP’s whilst maintaining GLP and HSE compliance throughout all areas of responsibility.
- The conduct of evaluation, validation and introduction of new instrumentation or techniques.
- Reviewing results, preparation of draft reports and assistance in the preparation of study plans for Study Director review.
- Becoming familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the Study Manager and to deputise in his/her absence.
- Demonstrating a high level of knowledge in the use and support of on-line data capture systems and office computers.
- Assisting in the review and preparation of SOPs.
The ideal candidate will have/be
- Degree level (or equivalent) in Chemistry; Biological Sciences or related discipline
- The ability to work as part of a team and take responsibility for own work
- Problem solving and able to seek advice
- Ability to work with changing priorities
- Working to a consistently high standard and meeting deadlines
- Have worked or have knowledge of a GLP environment
Interested? Then apply today to join Envigo and help us achieve our mission - to be the best company to work with and the best company to work for!!