Skills Training UK have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join us as a Study Programme Tutor based in Birmingham. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return receive a competitive salary plus great benefits.
Skills Training UK is an award-winning company at the forefront of skills delivery, policy and thinking. The work we do, as you will see from our success stories, is something we are proud of. Offering an alternative to mainstream education, with choices in commercially driven courses which help individuals develop industry knowledge, we do more than deliver Apprenticeships.
Founded in 1992, we have a proven track record of developing and delivering high-performing training programmes to meet individual employer needs. We work with major UK employers and have been recognised for our highly effective programmes and consistent performance across multiple contracts.
As our Study Programme Tutor you will be responsible for planning, resourcing and delivery of the vocational subjects which form part of the Study Programme for 16-18 year olds. You will be a dynamic individual who is able to develop and maintain positive relationships with young people, while motivating them and maintaining standards of effort and conduct.
The responsibilities as our Study Programme Tutor:
- Classroom based delivery of subjects to include but not limited to the Level 2 BTEC First in Health & Social Care.
- Classroom based delivery of an unaccredited Personal and Social Development programme.
- Effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Devising Learner Journeys/Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
- Developing schemes of work and lesson plans as well as contributing to the on-going creation and development of new and innovative teaching materials/resources.
- Ensuring all delivery meets quality and performance standards set by Skills Training UK.
- Achieving a minimum of Grade 2 in all internal and external inspections, monitoring visits and observations.
- Achieving minimum retention rate of 90% and success rate of 90% for accredited qualifications.
- Supporting the administration of the learning aims.
- Contributing to the enrolment of new learners if required.
- Attending curriculum working groups where necessary.
- Administrating and completing paperwork associated with programme within required timescales.
- Keeping up to date with any awarding organisation changes and requirements.
- Participate in the staff review process to include identification of own training needs.
- Evidence own CPD and achievement using the Solution 9 HR system.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
What we’re looking for in our Study Programme Tutor:
- Achieved a fully endorsed teaching qualification such as a Cert Ed, PGCE, DTLLS or equivalent as a minimum qualification.
- Subject specialist qualification
- IT qualification desirable.
- Excellent understanding of how to effectively interpret a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Minimum of 2 years experience teaching young people in Key Stage 4 and or Key Stage 5 and with a wide variety of barriers from diverse backgrounds.
- Robust classroom management skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Ofsted inspections desirable.
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- High standard of customer care.
- Good organisational and administration skills.
The benefits of becoming our Study Programme Tutor:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent pension scheme
- Health Assurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Joining us means becoming part of a company all about helping to build the future of others. Are you ready for the journey?
If you would like to join the team as our Study Programme Tutor, please click ‘apply’ today– we’d love to hear from you!
We would ask agencies to please not to contact our HR team, Directors or Managers.
Applications will be regularly monitored, therefore may close sooner should a successful candidate be appointed.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'