We are currently recruiting for Note Takers acting as support workers to help students with varies disabilities and impairments at Birmingham City University and/or Newman University.
Support workers working for BCU and Newman students are agency workers engaged by Unitemps.
Duties and responsibilities
- Take notes, type up notes or act as a study buddy for students with various disabilities.
- Keep the student's personal information and details of their disability confidential.
- Act as a practical assistant by guiding students with physical disabilities to and from lectures.
Skills and experience
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Educated to at least A-Level or equivalent
- High quality standard of handwriting
- Good verbal communication
- Strong organisational skills
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues
- An understanding of disability and conscientiousness towards sensitive issues
BCU and Newman University
Flexibility is essential as the hours will be adhoc and there will be no guaranteed hours each week. At the beginning of the academic year you will be assigned to certain students whose timetables match up with your own free time and any additional shifts will be advertised on a first come first served basis using google docs.
- Organisational Skills
- Outstanding verbal
- Support Workers
- Good Handwriting Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job