Staffing Connect are looking for a number of Student Support Assistant/Learning Support Assistants to work in the London Borough of Hounslow, including Chiswick, Isleworth, Hampton and Brentford. Full time and part time positions available. The candidate must have previous experience as a Student support assistant, Learning support assistant or Teaching Assistant in SEN in a school or college or a similiar position. The position will be in a school/college, supporting students in a classroom environment.
As a Student Support Assistant you will be supporting a number of students that require additional help with their studies across various areas within a school/college enviroment, creating positive relationships, assisting them in their classroom or workshop settings. This will include students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, including emotional, social and behavioural needs.
Some of the responsibilities for Learning Support Assistant will include:
- To support students inside and outside of the classroom, supporting them with their learning and emotional/social/behavioural needs.
- Following all policies and procedures set out by the School/College.
- To provide support with personal care where necessary.
- To assist the Head of Student Support, Resources and Welfare, Student Support Team Leaders and Lecturers in the preparation and adaptation of learning materials and resources.
- To promote the students' independance where possible.
- To record and monitor students' progress and liase with other professionals accordingly.
- To assist in the process of all assessments relating to the students needs.
- To continually review the students’ support needs.
- To attend team and all other meetings regarding both student and curriculum development, including training days.
- To supervise student learning where necessary.
To become a Student Support Assistant you must have the following skills and experience:
- To support both the pastoral care and academic development of the students, it is essential that you have GCSE English at grade C or above (or equivalent) as well as effective organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- You must be competent in the use of ICT equipment, and be able to complete administrative tasks as and when requested.
- Have the ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing.
There are more than one vacancy for this position, please apply ASAP if you are interested.
- Learning Disabilities
- teaching assistant
- student support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job