About Tes Institute
Tes Institute is the teacher training and development arm of Tes Global, the world’s largest network of teachers. From subject knowledge enhancement training, through initial teacher training and on-going professional development, Tes Institute aims to help schools get the best from their staff, and teachers to feel confident and competent. Our unique blended model of delivery combines the expertise of over 500 highly experienced tutors with over 450 sessions of online learning, and award-winning digital tools to provide outstanding learning with the flexibility to allow learners to fit their learning around busy lives.
In this front-line role, the Student Administrator, provides exceptional support & guidance to trainees on the admissions requirements for Tes Institute’s programmes (Subject Knowledge Enhancement, School Direct, Straight to Teaching, Assessment Only), as well as those required to qualify for QTS Assessment. This role will be responsible for collecting, processing and maintaining trainee documents and records from beginning to completion, while also ensuring trainees questions and concerns are addressed in a clear and professional manner. This role will support all programmes and will work very closely and share responsibilities with the Programme Officers for Student Engagement.
The ideal candidate is:
- A data 'whizz’. You are comfortable using/learning new databases, and are proficient in the ability to query and analyse large volumes of data. You understand the importance of data integrity and take pride in ensuring accuracy in your work.
- A natural 'people person’. We can hear your 'smile’ through the phone or email. You have a can-do, 'nothing is impossible’ attitude, matched with outstanding customer services skills and a genuine desire to provide our trainees with the best possible experience.
- A real team player. You don’t work in silos, you are quick to help out when needed, and you can work cross-functionally and collaboratively to employ best practices into the support for our trainees.
- A proactive problem-solver. You don’t shy away from a challenge. You look 'outside the box’ to find answers, and feel genuinely motivated by finding the best resolution for our trainees.
- A pro at multitasking. You like variety, you know how to prioritise your work, and you take initiative to build on your own knowledge & skills.
- A champion for change. You find change & challenge exciting, not daunting, and you’re able to maintain composure in an agile, demanding environment.
- A person who can naturally build trust and respect with our trainees. You are approachable and friendly, but also diplomatic & fair, with an ability to clearly communicate and enforce policies on behalf of the Institute.
- A speed demon. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, and have the ability to turn around quality results in a quick & efficient manner.
- Passionate about education. You insist on the highest academic and service standards in order to provide your students with a transformational educational experience.
- Educated to a Degree level.
- Experience working in a student support role (ideally in a higher or further education environment).
- Sound understanding of social media.
- Strong skills in data analysis.
- Strong attention to detail - particularly with regards to data entry. ?
- Ability to work flexibly, which may include weeknights, weekends and holidays during peak times.
- Familiarity and understanding of QTS requirements and OFSTED regulations desirable. (Note: Tes will provide training, where necessary.) ?
- Experience with Virtual Learning Environments (eg. Moodle) desirable