Student Services Officer (Accommodation) (SSO)
£21,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Part Time (0.5 of FTE)
Navitas Limited is an Australian owned public listed company. Navitas is an industry leader in providing managed campus services, pre-university and university pathway programmes for domestic (Australia only) and international students. Navitas conducts a wide range of activities in Asia, North America, Africa, Australia, Continental Europe and the United Kingdom. Navitas Colleges are modern and dynamic educational institutions committed to providing quality educational programmes and excellent student support in an environment that encourages students to achieve the best possible results in their studies.
If successful, you would be joining the International College Portsmouth team, where we prepare international students from all around the world for undergraduate and postgraduate level study at the University of Portsmouth. You’d be joining a group of really dedicated staff here who work hard to ensure that students have the very best chance of success, whether through academic or welfare and transition support.
The Student Services Officer Role
The Student Services Officer (SSO) is a critical member of the College team in the administration of the key aspects of the student life cycle. The SSO will assist the College in the implementation and delivery of effective student support services including:
- Maintaining up-to-date information about the accommodation portfolio, including private accommodation and the College’s and University’s Halls of Residence
- Administering the accommodation service for students through the advertising and booking of accommodation options, prompt and accurate completion of accommodation finance-related tasks, and dealing appropriately with student queries and feedback.
- Assisting in the management of student related accommodation documentation – databases, individual files, contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Enhancing the student experience in relation to their accommodation through providing excellent service levels; relevant pre-arrival information; smooth arrival and departure processes, and support during the time they are with us, working as appropriate with relevant accommodation providers to provide this
- Being the first point of support for students with any accommodation-related queries or issues
- Support the College with the administration and preparations for guests, visits and events
- Student Enrichment and Engagement within the College, University and the City of Portsmouth
Requirements for the Student Services Officer Position
- University level qualifications or at least two (2) years’ experience in a relevant industry and/or have equivalent qualifications and/or professional experience
- Experience of working in a customer services/ education front of house service
- Have the ability to communicate with staff and students from a diverse range of cultural and educational backgrounds
- Good verbal and written English language communication skills
- Possess good data analysis and presentation skills
- Good team-working skills
- Good understanding of the importance of file management (including electronic files)
- Be able to prioritise duties, and seek clarification and guidance from manager when faced with competing priorities
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of equal opportunity, equity and workplace health and safety principles and ability to implement them at the strategic and/or operational level
- Flexible attitude to work including a willingness to work weekends and evenings in support of student and administrative activities
- Bonus Scheme: SIP 10% of fixed salary
- 36 days inclusive of eight (8) Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Pension Scheme Available
Closing Date: 09:00am 2nd July
Interview Dates: 10th or 11th July
If you feel you are suitable for our Student Services Officer position, please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job