£9.84 per hour
Contract Length - April 9th 2018 - December 2018 (With the possibility of being made permanent)
We are currently looking for multiple Student advisors to start working over the next couple of months.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading educational institution in the student registration and enquiry department. You will provide proactive support, information, and advice to enquirers and students, enabling them to make a fully informed decision about their studies. Clarify and interpret complex procedures and detail for enquirers and students and support enquirers and students on all aspects of the enrolment process, subsequently reserving and registering them onto courses while adhering to Student Recruitment policy and practise.
The role will require flexibility of working hours up to 3 late evenings a week and up to 2 Saturdays per month within a range of core hours from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays.
Training will be held from April 9th for 7 weeks - PLEASE NOTE NO HOLIDAYS ARE TO BE TAKEN DURING THIS PERIOD.
The key duties are:
1. To be first point of contact for queries from students and enquirers, across all curriculum areas and who have contacted us via a variety of channels. To also make proactive contact with students and enquirers to provide information and support.
2. Where necessary to refer on to other staff with specialist expertise, as part of the Information, Advice and Guidance model, making interactions with The Open University as effortless and seamless as possible. To undertake the associated operational processes.
3. To undertake standard administrative processes as required to support Enquirers and Students and to convert Enquirers into Students.
4. To access, utilise and update university systems and database
5. To assist proactively in the development and continuous improvement of good internal and inter team working and service provision
6. To continually develop skills and knowledge to maintain and improve personal performance, in the spirit of continuous improvement and to adopt correct business practices and procedures:
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade C or above) or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Accurate keyboard skills (30 - 40 wpm copy - typing).
- Previous experience in a complex customer service environment.
- Previous experience using databases to access information and amend records.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and telephone techniques.
- Write clearly and correctly in plain English.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrate a rapid understanding of newly presented information.
- Follow complex procedures and processes.
- Able to cope with heavy workloads and meet deadlines.
- Work productively and accurately in a high pressured environment.
- Experience in working to targets.
If selected, you will be required to complete a 7 week full time programme of training and induction which commences on the 7th April
If your experience demonstrates outstanding Customer Services experience and a keen eye for detail and you feel your skills match what my client is looking for please apply online.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job