Student Progression Mentor
Student Progression Mentor
Based in Broadstairs
£10 - £12 per hour
Initially a 3-month contract
Our client, an Education Provider based in Broadstairs, is currently looking to recruit a Student Progression Mentor to work on initially for 3 months.
You will be working 30 hours per week, 6 hours a day, 5 days a week between the times of 8.30am - 5pm, earning £10 - £12 per hour depending on experience.
The successful candidate will support students in their personal development, enabling them to become independent learners who enjoy and achieve and are able to reach their full potential.
As the successful Student Progression Mentor you will:
* Act as student mentor to an identified caseload of students, giving guidance and support with respect to their pastoral issues within the realms of authority and ability.
* Support disaffected and disengaged young people to ensure that their learning opportunities are optimised and that they do not disrupt the learning of others.
* Undertake settling in and exit interviews.
* Support and liaise with curriculum staff and others as required, raising the retention and achievement of learners.
* Work in liaison with the curriculum team to support the identified caseload of learners with strategies to improve their attendance, success, progression, behaviour and minimise dropout.
* Work with staff in the curriculum area to ensure that the behaviour targets are fully implemented.
To be the successful Student Progression Mentor you must:
* Hold a full Enhanced DBS that is on the update system or three years in date.
* Have successful experience of working with disaffected and disengaged learners in an educational setting.
* Experience of youth work.
* Experienced and able to deal with confidential information.
* Level 3 qualifications related to support, youth work or other related subjects.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 18 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'