Student Experience Officer (Registry)
£23,000 to £25,000 per annum DOE
Full time, permanent, 40 hours per week
Our client is part of a Group, which is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, workforce education and student recruitment.
You will ensure a positive student experience, with special attention to data reporting and compliance; induction and orientation activities, taking minutes and following up actions; processing extenuating circumstances applications; monitoring and updating student records and attendance including Tier 4 compliance; managing registrations and deferrals; delivering and managing timetabling information; student communications; monitoring student welfare including conducting needs assessments and structuring study plans; and supporting the compilation and data quality of statutory returns and surveys, e.g. HESA Student AP, DLHE and NSS.
Responsible for the SEO Registry function in London, you will ensure that policies and processes for student data are robust and adhered to. You will also ensure that student records are meticulously maintained in a timely manner. SEOs are essential in supporting faculty and ensuring a welcoming atmosphere both through physical presence and space management throughout the campus. As a SEO you will also contribute to the planning and executing of campus events and other student activities, such as registrations, inductions and Open Days, in order to maximise student engagement and enhance their learning and campus experience. You will also be a key support to the Deputy Campus Manager (DCM) and Academic Coordinator (AC).
The ideal candidate for the Student Experience Officer role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Qualifications - A-levels plus English and Maths GCSE minimum grade C;
- Minuting skills;
- Experience of working in a student customer service environment with a professional appearance and outstanding customer service skills;
- Strong administrative skills; organised, systems oriented with a meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent skills in MS Word and Excel and other forms of data representation
- Must have right to live and work in the UK.
- An understanding of the education sector
- Skills in Moodle and Navigate
- Experience in using Google Apps
Student Experience Officer Benefits
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. They offer outstanding long-term career opportunities and is an equal opportunity employer.
If you feel you are suitable for the Student Experience Officer role, please apply now!
Applications close on Monday 12 February 2018.
Student Experience Officer, Student Services Officer, Student Engagement Officer