As a Structures Repair Design Engineer you will provide structural repair support for the TUI Airways managed fleet whilst preparing repair proposals for submittal to the OEM and provide advice to base and line maintenance on structural damage issues
The TUI aircraft repair team provides Part M support for the TUI Airways & TUI fly Nordic fleets of B737, B757, B767 and B787 fleet and provides structural repair support for all TUI group airplanes on four lines of heavy maintenance at the Luton maintenance facility.
The new B737MAX aircraft will also be joining the TUI fleet in 2018 for Part-M andPart-145 structural support
What you will be doing
Basic Responsibilities for the Structures Repair Design Engineer working in the TUI aircraft repair team includes…
• Evaluate, prepare and propose fully engineered aircraft structural repair schemes in conjunction with aircraft manufacturers Structural Repair Manual (SRM) and/or component manufacturers repair manual.
• Advise and assist maintenance staff in the implementation of structural repairs.
• Advise and assist with all other structural related issues e.g. repair related SB evaluation and embodiment.
• When required attend AOG situations at any location on the TUI network for short or extended periods working within multi-functional team to complete a major structural repair.
• Being part of the team’s weekly on- call rota to cover AOG situations at weekends and evenings.
• Audit repair certification during heavy maintenance for addition to repair files and/or Dent and Buckle documents.
• Audit and give advice on all structural repairs to support aircraft acquisition and disposal, being on-site with the aircraft and records as and when required.
• Compile reports to support airline claims against third parties following aircraft damage.
What we are looking for
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Airline Maintenance environment with a good knowledge of aircraft structural repairs.
• Minimum of aircraft maintenance engineers licence or degree/HND in Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent related experience.
• Proven background in developing aircraft repairs using the Structural Repair Manual.
• Working knowledge of AMOS, Adobe, and drawing Software packages (AutoCAD is preferable)
• Good understanding of NAA regulatory requirements.
• Proven organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads according to tight deadlines.
• Ability to plan and organise in a methodical and analytical manner.
• Highly self-motivated and demonstrate a pro-active and driving attitude to achieve the business objectives.
• Proven understanding of business risks and cost awareness.
• Ability to use own initiative and make appropriate decisions at all times.
• Able to build a working relationship across functional departments
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Understanding of Human Factors.
• Behave in a manner that reflects the professional integrity of their department and the company when dealing with others.
• Part-M, Part-145 and Part-147 – to provide support and drive continual improvements into the business.
• NAA (CAA, EASA, FAA etc…) – to show how continuing airworthiness is maintained in relation to structural repair support.
• OEM’s – to support structural queries
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job