Your new role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Structures Engineer to join our team in the East Midlands. The successful candidate will be developing structure repair schemes, dealing with emergency bridge repairs whilst prioritising this work load and also reviewing technical options for repairs and value management procedures.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment
What you'll be leading on
* Ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity
* Undertake the identification and evaluation of structural asset data and needs in order to develop solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria.
* Develop early solutions for structural improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
* Monitor the delivery of agreed solutions and plans, liaising with the relevant teams to identify and/or rectify issues and ensuring structural needs are considered and incorporated into the forward programme.
* Ensure that structural asset data and condition information is captured and maintained in the relevant database(s), in line with agreed standards and timescales.
* Identify, prepare briefs and manage delivery of survey works that support the improvement and/or renewal of structural assets.
* Develop the technical briefs provided to the design and construction contractor for improvement and renewals work.
To be successful
* Degree (desirable) or HND in relevant discipline and substantial relevant experience in bridge inspections/repair schemes
* Knowledge of asset condition assessment and deterioration patterns
* Knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) standards and their application on the highways network
* Appreciation of value management process or cost benefit analysis of schemes
* Experience in highway infrastructure design/assessments would be advantageous
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'