Structural Engineer - Required to join a large multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Bedford. The Structural division of the business has been rapidly growing in recent years. The Structural Engineer will be primarily working within the residential sectors however do work within other sectors.
The Structural Engineer will be managing their own projects 3-4 at a time and will be responsible from start to completion. The Structural Engineer will have previous experience of preparing outline designs in the early stages of projects and preparing calculations to support detailed designs. The Ideal Structural Engineer will be Degree qualified with 2 years+ design office experience.
The Structural Engineer will have experience in a range of software's including Tekla, AutoCAD, TEDDS and SketchUp. This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking growing multi-disciplinary consultancy, who will support their Engineers to gain their Chartership.
Structural Engineer Position Overview
- Working closely with the Structures Team director and other engineers.
- Preparing sketch schemes to explore initial design ideas.
- Instructing technicians to produce working drawings
- Preparing design calculation packages
- Work will mainly be on building structures, with some work on civil engineering structures such as retaining walls and landscape structures
- Preparing calculations to support detailed designs
Structural Engineer Position Requirements
- Degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Around 2 years' experience in the design of building structures.
- Ability to design in all the main structural materials.
- Capable of sketching to quickly explore ideas and communicate with others.
- Experience in producing structural calculations
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to understand and learn.
- Experience of using TEDDS calculation package
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
Structural Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary depending upon experience
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Life Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Social Events
- Other benefits.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'