Structural Engineer - Competitive Salary + Benefits
Crawford and Company prides itself on being a world leading multinational company that are continuing to progressively grow in the Claims Management and Loss Adjusting industry. In the UK, Crawford operates through 27 offices all with professional experience and technical expertise to manage claims from start to finish.
We are now looking for two experienced Structural Engineers to join our team covering the North of the UK between Newcastle and Manchester and the South of the UK covering London and the Home Counties.
This is a home based position with regular travel required.
You will have experience working as a Chartered Structural Engineer from a Construction/Residential and Commercial Property background.
You will be MCIOB or MRICS qualified.
In return you can expect a competitive package including private medical care, company pension, 25 days holiday, and pension and company car.
- Technical referral point for Surveyors and adjusters for structural issues relating to property insurance claims
- Provide Structural reports associated with damage to property as part of a Buildings Insurance claim
- Provide structural design and design calculations associated with repair and refurbishment projects
- Preparing initial appraisal reports and budget costing with recommendations for repair and reinstatement.
- Preparing specification of works for repairs and reinstatement
- Ensuring all Planning, Building Regulations, Party Wall and CDM issues are addressed.
- Contract Administration – JCT and bespoke contracts.
- Act as a Technical reference point for Loss Adjusters and Insurers.
- Carry out one off expert / technical / defect diagnosis reports
- Ensure compliance with all performance and process requirements.
- Complaint and dispute resolution.
- Maintain awareness of Business Continuity programme and role within it.
- Maintain provision of business related MI.
- Delivery of services within SLA target, company governance and operating framework, and revenue targets.
- Extensive knowledge of structural elements, design calculations, building construction and contract administration
- Understand the principals of continuous improvement and innovation
- Awareness of Building Regulations compliance and requirements in relation to repair and refurbishment.
- Awareness of Construction Design and Management
- Regulations 2015, specifically in relation to structural and scheme design
- Awareness of Planning, Conservation and Listed Building requirements
- Expert technical knowledge in building related claims
General Background, Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Chartered Engineer
- Team player
- Possess a driving license and has a good driving history
- Knowledge of up to date Health & Safety legislation
- Excellent customer service skills