We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer / Naval Architect to join a reputable marine consultancy on a contract basis in Southampton. Our client provides an array of multi-disciplinary engineering and design services to corporations. They are a growing operation with an increasing workload, and are therefore seeking an enthusiastic and skilled candidate to join their team.
The selected Engineer will be joining a team of expert Naval Architects and Structural Engineers and will have a variety of significant responsibilities including:
- Initiating, supervising and distributing structural analysis, development, appraisal and modification of ship and marine structures
- Preparing and submitting bid documents, and delivering projects to fulfil client requirements (including time and budget)
- Producing sound and cost effective designs
- Structural Calculations
- Conducting design review meetings to assure that technical objectives are being achieved
- Preparing robust and precise specifications for new vessels, modifications and conversion work
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree qualified in Naval Architecture or equivalent
- Good technical background within the Ship building sector
- Leadership experience on ship orientated structural projects, and ability to delegate work effectively
- Experience of large yacht and commercial vessel projects
- Solid engineering background, with demonstrable knowledge of vessel structure
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- Knowledge of other technical software e.g. AutoCAD, ANSYS, Solidworks, NAPA etc.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Ashley Clarke on or email Ashley.Clarke @ Blueprintrecruit.com quoting 12632. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
- Ship Building