P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Structural Development Engineer to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
This role will be to provide engineering knowledge and practical experience to the company’s design and development programme and liaise with the internal sales team, projects team and production control managers regarding product design issues.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- To be part of a Design and Development Programme in the development of existing products and to identify new product opportunities.
- To liaise and provide engineering support to the Sales Team, Customer Representatives, Drawing Office, Production and external suppliers.
- To drive standardisation to consolidate the current product range.
- To drive change and develop more efficient processes within the Company.
- To participate actively in maintaining National, European, American and International standards to promote company’s competitiveness.
- To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
- The health and safety of yourself and others in your area of control.
- Proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets for structural calculations.
- Self-motivation, initiative and drive.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical/structural engineering principles.
- To work with the minimum supervision and be able to consistently achieve agreed programme timescales.
- Good time management.
- Team working ability, both as leader and member.
- Experience of the analysis and design of thin shelled structures and bolted structures would be advantageous, as would experience or understanding of seismic analysis.
- Additional education or training in a manufacturing environment would be desirable, including experience of Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- As a basis for design a working knowledge of both Limit state design and allowable stress designs.
- Knowledge of EuroCodes and International Design Codes which are used in the design of bolted modular tank and silo containment structures.
- Knowledge and experience of FEA, FMEA, preferably ANSYS, including Workbench and Design Modeller.
- Structural or Civil Engineer at degree level with 2 - 3 years’ post graduate experience gained whilst working within an engineering consultancy or product design environment.
- Open style and a team player.
- Responsible, organised and pro-active with an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Good presentational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and creatively.
- Strong commitment to high standards of work and delivered service.
- Happy to take the lead and not afraid to challenge internal processes.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online at your earliest convenience.
- Career Development
- Structural Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job