Good basic salary based on experience + Good benefits package
With a history that spans over 40 years serving the construction and manufacturing sectors, my client has been providing separation systems for factories, warehouses and similar large buildings to improve energy conservation, noise control and weather protection – to name but a few benefits.
They also design, manufacture and install temporary hoardings, screens and separation systems for new build and renovations, or anywhere where areas need to be effectively and safely cordoned off.
Due to significant growth and an enviable order book, they are now looking to recruit a suitably qualified Structural Design Engineer to work out of their impressive Staffordshire operation.
This would suit either a Graduate with a few years real world experience and who is willing to undertake additional training or an established Structural Design Engineer, who has developed their craft within a similar environment / industry.
• Working with the sales and contract team to provide suitable designs for a variety of projects across a range of industries (manufacturing, warehousing, retail, offices etc.)
• Managing the design function of multiple projects at any one time and at varying stages of the process
• Providing 3D solutions utilising SolidWorks and presenting to involved stakeholders (internal teams, client contacts, external contractors and the like)
• Providing structural calculations (both by hand and utilising “in-software” systems) to ensure the safety and suitability of the fixing systems for the internal dividers, hoardings, screens etc.
• Selecting suitable systems based on historical work and the requirements for new projects – i.e. new methods or novel solutions for specific applications
• Producing designs based on site-specific challenges relating to noise control, environmental effects, energy efficiency and worker safety
• On higher profile and more complex projects, there is a need to provide structural calculations to a level where these can be approved by external bodies
• Providing sufficient technical detail to produce data sheets or technical documentation
This is an extremely varied role, with design at its heart, so in order to be considered and to be successful in the position it is expected that you will:
• Carry a recognised degree within a mechanical engineering discipline. Those who carry vocational qualifications and practical experience will still be considered
• Be capable of carrying out structural and support calculations, both by hand and via the built in software with the CAD system
• Have sound, practical working knowledge of 3D design within SolidWorks. Other 3D packages may be considered
• Carry previous experience of structural design and an understanding of how internal structures can be affixed (dividers, false walls, screens etc.)
• Be a great communicator and be able to discuss your designs and solutions with a range of engineering and non-engineering stakeholders
• Be happy to work with others in the project team and provide technical input and suggestions
• Be comfortable dealing with the customer or end user to ensure there is sufficient information to produce safe and suitable designs
• Be OK with occasional site visits and discussing the installation with the site installation teams
It would also be of significant advantage if you also carried some form of understanding of Acoustics or CFD, as this may impact the designs you’ll be involved with
In addition to being involved with a good variety of projects, each with their own engineering challenge, you can expect:
• A good basic salary based on your experience
• A good benefits package that includes a good pension and annual leave allowance
• Superb working conditions and a nice environment
• Training and development to build on your skills
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business