We are seeking an experienced Structural CAD Technician to join a growing engineering consultancy practice on a permanent basis in Birmingham. You will be working on a variety of projects that range in value. These projects cover sectors including healthcare, educational, commercial, residential and infrastructure. Due to an increasing workload, they are looking for an enthusiastic Structural CAD Technician to join their team.
The selected candidate will have a number of roles and responsibilities, including:
- Preparing accurate and detailed drawings for Civil and Structural packages using predominantly AutoCAD
- Keeping up-to-date on issues relating to general construction, and Civil & Structural guidelines, standards and regulations
- Contributing to design planning, resourcing and fee planning
- Assisting with the mentoring and development of junior team members
- Ensuring projects remain on target for budget and time-frame
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven experience working as part of a Civil and Structural design team
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit software
- Experience working with all the common building materials and details
- Specific experience working on steel and concrete projects
- Experience of RC Detailing would be beneficial but is not required
- HNC qualification
- Excellent technical and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Emily Parvin on or email Emily.Parvin @ Blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13997EXP. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.