Stress Engineer - up to £39.55 Per hour Inside IR35 - 6 Months (extensions highly likely) - 37 hours a week - Hertfordshire - Hybrid after settling in period - One stage F2F interview - Sector: Aerospace and Defence
Yolk Recruitment are searching for a Stress Engineer to work with a renowned Aerospace company that is at the forefront of space exploration and travel. This role is due to the workload increasing.
This is a role that gives you the opportunity to work on cutting-edge aerospace projects not seen anywhere else in the UK. The ideal candidate will have the expertise and experience to ensure the structure design meets its strength and stiffness requirements.
- To demonstrate that the structure design meets its strength and stiffness requirements and ensure they are valid
- Participating in reviews to achieve an efficient design.
- To provide a detailed definition of all structural testing.
- To monitor these tests and write a test assessment report for all significant possible modes of failure.
- Provide design support to manufacturers to ensure strength and stiffness requirements are met for all non-conformances to design.
- To present strength and stiffness results at formal design reviews.
- Assisting lead stress engineer on projects.
Essential Skills and knowledge
- Proficient in using external and internal software tools.
- To have a good understanding of analysis techniques and methods for lightweight structures' strength and stiffness prediction. These include classical hand analysis and computer techniques, finite element analysis and pre/post-processing software.
- Experience with the real costs involved in the various methods and tools used.
- MSC Nastran
- Aerospace and defence experience
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'