We are looking for two Strategy and Transformation Managers to join our team on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Solihull but other locations can be considered as we have offices in Leeds and Worcester.
This role offers the opportunity to be part of the transformation of one of the big six energy suppliers within the UK. npower is currently working on changing the landscape for energy retail in the UK and this role plays a key role, consisting of 4 elements:
- Conducting strategic analysis & strategy development to guide the future direction of npower
- Execute and manage corporate development initiatives & projects
- Enable the implementation of selective complex, high value-adding initiatives
- Support npower’s overall transformation programme by creating transparency to challenge planning and delivery of projects
What you will be doing
As a Strategy & Transformation Manager, you will play an integral part to drive major transformation through strategy & corporate development. Joining a small team and partnering with senior stakeholders across the business, you will have the opportunity to be involved in high level, major projects and initiatives. This includes the project lifecycle from design, through to implementation.
What we are looking for
- Background in industry or a professional consulting background would be preferable
- Experience with another Utility company in strategy or business development; top Consulting companies; Investment Banks; or other Corporate Strategy background
- Strong industry or consulting background with experience in analysing the energy market and value chain
- Deep understanding of Utility and/or corporate retail business models and their strategic value drivers, delivering strategic advice to help drive the business forward
- Proven track record engaging with senior management in providing thought partnership and challenge
- Strong track record in co-creating complex strategic change interventions within large organisations
- Strong advanced degree (Masters, MBA or PhD's)
- Strong understanding of finance, valuation and the ability to analyse the profit and loss impact of strategic action
Why work with us
With a basic salary up to £65,000, you will also receive a £6,000 p.a car allowance, up to 15% bonus opportunity, private medical cover and company pension scheme.
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way, we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term ambitions.
To see the fantastic range of benefits we offer to employees, please visit:
npower is one of Britain’s leading energy companies, and is part of the innogy SE group.
We serve around 5 million residential and business accounts with electricity and gas, with key sites in the South West, Midlands, North and The North-East of England.
Every year, we issue over 22 million bills and answer around 2 million phone calls.
npower is one of the most successful providers of energy supply and solutions to British businesses, and are the first energy company to be awarded the Carbon Trust Triple Award for sustainable management of energy, waste and water.