Job Title – Strategy Manager
Function – Strategy
Location – London or Nottingham
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for a Strategy Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to influence the supply chain and ultimately positively impact delivery of healthcare within the NHS. The Strategy Manager will work across all areas of our UK operations and could be based at either of our sites in London or Nottingham. This will be an important leadership position within the organisation and a crucial role for developing SCCL’s strategic choices and driving change.
What does a Strategy Manager do at NHS Supply Chain?
The Strategy Manager will be responsible for driving the thinking and output of the wider SCCL Strategy and will lead on both the development and implementation of various cross-functional strategies.
This role has multiple stakeholders, and success will require advanced facilitation skills as well as the intellectual and strategic ability to effectively challenge established thinking and lead discussions. Your voice will be an important one in these debates and your ability to influence and take senior stakeholders with you will be crucial to your success. You will take on a “coaching role” to share your skills and experience with the team members from across the business.
Within the SCCL Strategy team you will enjoy exceptional exposure to the SCCL Executive and senior leadership teams, working on the highest priority issues. You will become part of a high calibre team. Your main activities include the following:
Critical thinking and analysis
- Drive the thinking and output of the Strategy Team
- Apply strategic frameworks and concepts to solve complex business problems
- Manage the project execution of major business initiatives
- Assess and develop strategic policy positions
- Understand competitor moves
- Develop executive and senior level communications
- Develop and apply market insights to improve business planning
- Develop business cases supported by robust financial analysis
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research to support decision making
- Facilitate and co-ordinate multiple senior stakeholders from across the business to deliver strategies and workplans
- Challenge established thinking and lead strategy development and implementation programs where necessary
- Influence and take senior stakeholders with you from across NHS Supply Chain, partners and customers
- Coach the team and others beyond the immediate team to share your skills and experience
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Proven track record of driving complex commercial and business strategies, ideally in a consulting house or in-house strategy team.
- Significant experience of leading multiple-million pounds strategy development and implementation that will financially and commercially impact the success of SCCL and wider NHS supply chain including NHS Trusts and wider health care system nationally.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills with the acumen to develop effective business solutions.
- Advanced stakeholder management and communication skills with the ability to influence senior leaders across the business including Category Tower Supply Chain Providers, customers (NHS Trusts and Integrated Care Systems) and NHS England & Improvement.
- Highly skilled at developing strategic relationships, coaching team members and senior stakeholders across the organisation
- Experience in developing financial models and financial analysis that provide insight for effective decision making at senior level across the business
- Experience in leading end to end policy and long-term strategy development working across business functions to develop ideas, consult and advice on translating vision into actionable plans
- Broad understanding of supply chain operations, the health and social care sector and policy issues affecting the health sector and long term internal / external influences.
- NHS experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a consulting house or in-house strategy team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- MBA (or similar) preferred.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- A competitive salary
- Performance led bonus scheme,
- 35 days holiday (including bank holidays) and you can purchase additional days through a purchase scheme
- Car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits that suit you
- Childcare vouchers
- High street discounts
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
How to Apply
- Please read the attached job description and submit an application via NHS Jobs.
- We are unable to accept CV’s via email.
- Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
For further details contact
our recruitment team on SCCL-HR-Recruitment@supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'