EJ438 - Strategic Weapons Systems Consultant
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Strategic Weapons System Consultant on behalf of one of our clients.
The role requires a broad understanding of the Vanguard and Dreadnought Class SSBN designs and demonstrable experience in a Trident Strategic Weapon System leadership capacity. A detailed understanding of the Strategic Weapon System, its operations, maintenance and interfaces is essential.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead on the development of safety thinking and approaches.
- Effective stakeholder management and coordination within the deterrent community.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in multi-disciplined teams authoring safety and environmental documentation.
- Leading workshops and meetings to develop safety and environmental case arguments and seek out further taskings.
- Technical review and comment on various safety documentation and processes within a quality management framework.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with US/UK relationship in a deterrent programme context.
- In-depth technical knowledge and understanding of SWS/SWSS operations, design, maintenance and interfaces with equipment authorities; platform authorities and the US Department of Defence.
- Proven technical lead/project management skills.
- Knowledge of the Defence Safety Authority regulatory construct around the nuclear enterprise, conventional ordnance, munitions & explosives and maritime health, safety and environmental protection.
- Knowledge of MOD procurement and safety management processes in a SWS context.
- Knowledge in the application of Project Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS) / Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS) within the DE&S Acquisition Safety and Environmental Management System (ASEMS).
- An assessment of competence against the MOD’s SWS Competence Framework.
- Project Management (e.g. APM, Prince 2) qualification.
- Degree qualified.
- Chartered Engineer Status.
- Current Developed Vetting status.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'