Strategic Town planner required for our client a leading consultancy with offices across the UK. They are currently seeking to expand their Sheffield office with the addition of a Planner to work within the Strategic Planning Research Unit.
The strategic town planner should be a qualified Town Planner and should ideally hold a membership to the RTPI or equivalent. You should have a strong background in strategic planning / planning policy. You will be working closely with the Directors of the SPRU on a range of specialist projects. This position would suit a planner who is looking to develop their career by working on a range of diverse projects across the UK.
The Associate Planner's overall responsibility will be the delivery of projects and having the capacity to deal with all aspects of town planning consultancy for major clients and have good report writing skills. The Associate Planner will need to have a close eye to detail must have a relevant Degree in Town Planning, Urban Planning, Planning & Development or similar relevant degree is preferable to be chartered, MRTPI qualified.
Strategic Town Planner Position Overview
- 5 + years' experience as a planning practitioner, preferably within the private sector (ideally in a UK practice)
- Dealing with all aspects of town planning consultancy for major clients and have good report writing skills.
- Possess very good knowledge of the planning system, working on EIA projects and dealing with appeals through public enquiry.
- A varied project experience preferable with key projects being in logistics, residential, mixed-use projects.
- Confidence managing both clients and projects
Strategic Town Planner Position Requirements
- Qualified Town Planner and should ideally hold a membership to the RTPI or equivalent
- Good understanding of the Development Plan process;
- Ability to give evidence at Examination in Public. The Associate role also includes the
- Application of 5-year housing land supply, analysing and interpreting housing numbers using different models.
- Working on large scale strategic projects and developments
Strategic Town Planner Position Remuneration
- Salary DOE
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy